A Cute Story

mtnhomechick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Mountain Home, AR
Well, I finally decided to try to free range some of my chickens. I chose 8 White Leghorns. I started this on Tuesday after eggs were laid.

They did very well. We have quite a bit of land here so they have lots of room to roam and roam they did.

By yesterday we decided to leave for a few hours and go scootering, but I was concerned about leaving them out while I was gone for fear the outdoor cats or the neighbors dog would get them.

Anyway, we went and left them out.

We got back quite a few hours later, parked our scooters in the garage and walked out.

All the sudden 8 white chickens come flyingout of the woods toward us, along with about 12 cats and the neighbors dog. Just to greet us I guess.

It was very cute and for me quite touching.

I doubt the cats will harm them since today when I looked out they were ALL eating cat food.......cats and Chickens!!! What a combination
lau.gif

Ah.......Life is Good.

This is a cute story. One day one of my pitt bull's kept barking so I went out to check thing's out. Well I didn't see anything so I went back in the house. The pitt bull continued to bark so I went back out and upon further inspection I found a half grown rooster in the dog's house. Now this dog could of tore this rooster up but he wanted his mommy to moved the big bad rooster for him. lol And pitt bull's get a bad rep. PEACE

Quote:
We have a pit that just the goofiest thing on 4 feet. He honestly looks like a dork. It's all in the raising of the animals. They can be very vicious, same as a dobie or shepard, but if they are raised with love, they are fine. Mac is called Mac because when we first saw him is face was covered with Mac & Cheese.

Quote:
We have a pit that just the goofiest thing on 4 feet. He honestly looks like a dork. It's all in the raising of the animals. They can be very vicious, same as a dobie or shepard, but if they are raised with love, they are fine. Mac is called Mac because when we first saw him is face was covered with Mac & Cheese.

I totally agree with its how an animal is raised. My parents have a maltese dog. It is so adorable, but my dad made her sooo mean, she thinks she is a big viscious dog.

I have 17 dog's. Now it's not like I planned on having 17 dog's but the county I live in has no animal control or law's on animal's. All my dog's were in bad shape when I adopted them. Of course now they are all impressive dog's. I have three full pitt bull's, two rotty's, six blue heeler pitt bull mixes and a bunch of mutt's. If you are good to a dog and spend time showing the dog what you want it to do, well then you will have a good dog I don't care what the breed is. IT IS HOW THE DOG IS RAISED. The same pitt that wanted the rooster out of his dog house will now bark at baby chick's for getting in his food bowl but the baby chick's don't pay any attension to the dog and go about there business getting themselves some crumb's. That is a sight to see. When I have visistor's they can't believe the little chick's are not afraid of the dog. lol Also I live in a area where there is a lot of stealing going on but I don't have anything to worry about there. My dog's earn there kibble!!!! lol PEACE

Back
Top Bottom