A Daisy Update - New Pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern Gardener, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    For those that are interested, here a a few updated pictures of the puppy that "found" me last month. I can't believe this is the same dog. She is doing great and is very very sweet. She still has a few tiny bare patches - you can see one on her nose and tail. She has her last set of puppy shots at the end of the month. She eats like a horse, and I think she will be a big dog if her paws are any indication!

She likes to maul - I mean "play" with the cat and doesn't give my Mollie (in the pic with her) a minutes peace!

This was taken at the lake behind my parents house over the July 4th weekend - she loves the water. Oh, and she SO starts obedience class after I get back from vacation at the first of August!

I also included "before" pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  2. punkin

punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Awwwww.... Blessings to you for taking her in.

3. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Very nice save, looks like she'll be a beautiful dog. [​IMG]

4. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Wow - look at the changes in her - both growth and healt-wise! She is a cutie. Were the bare patches dermetitis or something else? So good of you to take her in. I'm sure she will pay you back with lots of laughter and love!
    Liz

5. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    Liz,

My vet ruled out mange - she said it was an infection - she was on meds for two weeks.

She is growing VERY fast - I'm guessing she is about three months old - my vet said she was about 8-10 weeks when I took her in.

6. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I'm so glad you posted updates - I was actually thinking about her the other day and was going to see if you had any updates. She's growing so fast and looks so happy now. That original photo of her - looking into her eyes - still haunts me. It was so sad and beautiful. You could just see her hurting and lost soul begging to be loved and given a chance.

7. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    What a beautiful little darling! Good for you and for her for finding each other!

8. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    Ruth,

I know what you mean - I get teary when I look at that photo of her. I'm so glad she found me!

9. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Wow, what a lucky pup!!! [​IMG] Are you gonna keep her? She looks soo happy now!

10. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    LOL! Yes, I'm keeping her - I'm way to attached to give her up now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by