A day at Golden Gate Poultry. New trio [DUW]

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kanchii, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Today I drove 3 hours away to pick up a new 2.5 month old bantam barred rock trio from a lady in Grass Valley. That's 6 hours of driving, people, and my brother wouldn't let me borrow his ipod so I was stuck listening to the same 2 cds literally about 6 times each (my radio doesnt work, shoot me). But I love the little trio I got! The boy is a bit on the light side but he has nice barring and carriage, I can already tell he's going to be nicer than our current roo, Fabio, so this new mini roo is named Fabio 2.0! [​IMG] New and improved! The two pullets are really cute too, one has a better tail and barring though so she'll probably be our show girl. Anyway I decided I might as well take pictures of the rest of the birds, as few of them as there are right now (we sold off most of our layer/pet flock so that we can have a bigger bantam barred rock flock) but here's some new pics anyway!

Fabio 2.0 wondering what the heck I'm holding.
    [​IMG]

Pullet #1
    [​IMG]

Pullet #2
    [​IMG]

Striped cuteness overload!
    [​IMG]

My favorite chicken ever, Girly! She's the worlds sweetest bird, in fact its hard to get a full body picture of her because as soon as I go into the run she gets all up in my face wanting loving.
    [​IMG]

See what I mean?
    [​IMG]

Perry the EE and Fluffy the ONCE APON A TIME show quality silkie. She's decided molting is fun and she should do it for a long time, and that rubbing her entire face in the mud is the best sport ever. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fabio (1.0 [​IMG] ) and Skipper. They're about 1.5 years old now.
    [​IMG]

The two broody self blue d'anver hens, Hera and Aphrodite! Unfortunately Zeus has decided that his favorite thing to eat is his girlfriends beards! :mad: So he's going to have to be by himself a couple months before the Stockton show so that these poor scruffed up ladies have a time to get themselves back in tip top shape!
    [​IMG]

Zeus freaking out about the camera. He's absolutely gorgeous, but so very very dumb, bless his soul. <3
    [​IMG]

The two 3-month-old welsummer pullets. For sale.
    [​IMG]

Mildew, the standard black cochin hen!
    [​IMG]

OUR BUTTON QUAIL STARTED HATCHING TODAY! [​IMG] They are so cute I cant stop squeeing! We have 5 out right now, the rest are taking their sweet time, I hope we get a bunch more out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cuteness overload? I think so!
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pictures![​IMG]

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Bantams are such tiny chicks. Nice pics. I love to two broodies in the nest box....very pretty birds [​IMG]

3. Kanchii

Quote:Those are actually button quail, not chicks. [​IMG] They're literally the size of bumble bees! Bantam chicks are at least twice as big as these little guys.

4. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Beautiful chickens ...and those little Buttons are adorable!!

Congratulations on your new trio! They are very cute little stripey kids!! [​IMG]

Looking at your Silkie, I am even more convinced that my crowing Silkie ..Tahti... is yet a HEN! ....and just a crowing one!

5. Kanchii

Quote:If you send me a picture I can tell you what I think, I'm pretty good at telling silkies sexes.

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Loved the pics!!! Those baby buttons are ADORABLE!!

7. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Love all of the pics! Beautiful birds. I have to admit that my favorite was of Mildew! The stink eye that she looks to be giving you along with her name was enough to make me LOL this morning! [​IMG]

8. Kanchii

Quote:Oh man she's HILARIOUS, she makes me laugh every day. So will give you the stink eye every time you're around unless you're feeding her treats, and she'll make these really low long bawks like shes muttering obscenities under her breath at you, she's so funny.

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Nice birds! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

10. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    I'll try to get some good pics of her ..err, him ...umm, Titania ...tomorrow! Thanks!

Mildew is beautiful ...stink eye and all!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by