A Day in my chicken pen!! PICTURE OVERLOAD!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GAChknGirl, Sep 13, 2009.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    This is not nearly all my chickens we have 23 ish but its some of them and my ducks that i thought were cute today, oh can you tell me if my boy duck is a mallard or if not ?? Hmm.. IDK

My newest Rooster, i think it s a Houdan or a polish
    [​IMG]

Little silkie cockerel name Screech
    [​IMG]

Orpington Pullet, we have 4 and one of them laid an egg today their very first egg!!
    [​IMG]

Our boy duck is nameless still just got him 2 weeks ago or so
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our Crested girly duck we call her frodo even though her fro is sideways!!
    [​IMG]

Are other girl duck Thelma she is very sweet she has funny wings she has had them since we got her
    [​IMG]

Our dino of a rooster scar, he thinks he is tuff stuff...
    [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Those are great pictures! Scar is so handsome!

3. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:Thank you i found him off of GA 138 him and another roo were there for about 3 weeks so i went and caught them!!

4. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    What makes the ducks' wings turn up like that? I've seen that before and somebody told me that humans do it so they won't fly away. Sounds cruel to me but is it true?

5. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I didnt do this to her i have never heard that we got her this way and the people who gave her to us didnt do it they had her from a chick they had another one and her wings went back to normal so idk??

6. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    It looks like your girl duck has a severe case of "angel wing". It's a condition that needs to be corrected when they are still a baby. If it isn't corrected early on, it can't be corrected at all. That is what I read here on BYC. It shouldn't affect her quality of life though. She should do fine. Your birds are all beautiful by the way. [​IMG]

7. monathequeen

monathequeen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Burlington KS
    It's angel wing all right.....maby when she molts she will loose those feathers and new ones will grow in. hopefully corrected this time around...when my Rouens molt, they loose all their wing feathers.
    Quote:

8. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:Okay as long as she will be okay, they are in an avairy type set up so she wont get hurt by predators [​IMG] thanks for telling me what is wrong!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by