A day in the life of some chickens (pictures)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    lol! I snapped some pictures of my teenagers tonight. It finally cooled off plenty and the girls are thoroughly enjoying the drop in tempature! Munk is the Easter Egger, Joon is the Barred Rock. They both were so hot today, panting and Munk was walking around with her wings hanging past her toes just about! I kept the patio hosed off, so it stayed cool on the concrete, and I kept a planter pot bottom filled with water (kept refreshing it) so they could wade in and out. They loved that! Joon seems to handle the heat a lot better then Munk, and I think Munk has thicker feathering, so I assume that is why. These are evening pictures, so they were feeling a bit more spunky.

Munk and Joon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here they are putting themselves to bed [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoying their night time snack of scratch
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had to throw in the other animals too!

Tommy in his chair (that he shares with Munk and Joon) and with his beloved Kong!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my "bad kitten" the one I have to get accustom to chickens. This is after he was let out of "kitty jail" after the girls went to bed lol
    [​IMG]

This is my WONDERFUL older cat Chunky Man. He is totally bombproof around my chickens, will NOT touch them! He is the best pest control though!
    [​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed a day in the life of some chickens!! [​IMG]

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Those are some green legs on that EE!! Thanks for sharing!!

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Munk is wonderful [​IMG] she is a little flighty with strangers, but she is attatched to me and I am happy with that. I love the lion look she has too, her head and neck feathers are so thick they make her look regal. I am totally in love with Easter Eggers, they come in a close second to Barred Rocks [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful chickens! I love your dog and cat friends, too. Give them all big hugs from us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by