a day of CRAZY eggs!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shmooborp, Aug 23, 2008.

1. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

today was crazy! i got a shipment of eggs from jody ( buff orps) awesome packing all eggs were great and i got extras! so i put them under my broody all 14! plus 3 JG eggs! so that was 17 eggs in all!! i didnt think she would be abole to handle it.. but they all fit.. and about an hour later i whent out to check and she had set like 6 eggs of to the side cuz she couldnt care for them, so i put them in the bator.. for like 5 min.. ad then i realized that i reallly wanted her to be sitting on all orp eggs, so i took the 3 that i had just put in the bator from her, and put them back under and took the 3 JG eggs and put them in the bator..LOL so now i have 6 new hamps in the bator with 3 BO eggs and 3 JG eggs LOL... so all in all i have 12 eggs in the bator and i think eleven under my broody.. WHEW! what a crazy egg day.. LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and man i shure hope they hatch!

2. Quote:Did you let them sit for a few hours before putting them under the hen? Often times during shipping the air sac becomes detached. Letting them sit for a while, sometimes even up to 24 hours, is supposed to improve the hatch rate of shipped eggs...

3. shmooborp

yeah i got them yesterday afternoon but put them under today

4. That sounds like a good day to me! [​IMG]

Good luck with the hatching! [​IMG]

5. shmooborp

it was fun! and now the boring waiting part begins! LOL

6. BettyR

BettyR Songster

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Quote:Be sure to update and let us know when they start hatching. [​IMG]

7. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Good Luck!!

8. shmooborp

thanks guys! i will definatly let ya know what happens [​IMG] here is a pic of my broody LOL

[​IMG]

shes a trooper [​IMG]

9. shmooborp

she looks like a basket ball LOL sorry for the blurry pic

10. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    She is a pretty girl good luck on the hatches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: