A Different Kind Of Easter Eggers

rlhagan56

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2012
Out West
I was given 2 free EE chicks at the feed store last March. I noticed right away that as they grew that they didn't have pea combs or muffs/beards like all my others and my Ameraucana's. I'm glad I kept them until they started laying a few weeks back because they are difinitely laying olive green eggs! Anyone come across these? I found one bit of infromation on European Easter Eggers. 007.jpg 012.jpg

I was given 2 free EE chicks at the feed store last March. I noticed right away that as they grew that they didn't have pea combs or muffs/beards like all my others and my Ameraucana's. I'm glad I kept them until they started laying a few weeks back because they are difinitely laying olive green eggs! Anyone come across these? I found one bit of infromation on European Easter Eggers. View attachment 2747612View attachment 2747613
I have a prairie bluebell that looks strikingly like your whiter bird.

The starlight green layers are pretty neat little birds. Mine produce better than any EE I have had and actually just about as well as the California Whites.

You have some very pretty birds there.

EEs are mutts, so they don't have a standard. They might be considered olive eggers instead, but EEs can have any comb type and really any trait at all
Yes I know all about EE's, but I've never seen them without a beard or pea comb.
Very interesting about the Starlight Green Eggers and the Prairie Bluebell's. But their version of a European type EE seems to fit the bill and that is how they were labeled. I sold all of my EE's and Ameraucana's to reduce my numbers and I don't miss those beards getting watermelon all over or others plucking them out lol.

Cracks me up that they state that,"Unlike the American Easter Egger", These will not breed true. Which is an ignorant statement.

I was given 2 free EE chicks at the feed store last March. I noticed right away that as they grew that they didn't have pea combs or muffs/beards like all my others and my Ameraucana's. I'm glad I kept them until they started laying a few weeks back because they are difinitely laying olive green eggs! Anyone come across these? I found one bit of infromation on European Easter Eggers. View attachment 2747612View attachment 2747613
Looks like a starlight green egger 🥚

Back
Top Bottom