a doctor temper tantrum

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stargazingmommy, Jun 12, 2011.

1. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    this is only like 10% of what she does. She yells. loud. and long.
    (I'm guessing it's a she).
    People across the street and half a block down asked if we have ducks.
    all because of doc

[​IMG]

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] Doc is too cute.

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I just got home from shopping and while out I did run into a neighbor- she doesnt live too close- but within what I would consider hearing range of my flock when they get vocal - based on which other neighbors say they can hear them. I asked if she ever hears them- but she said no. She spends a lot of time out in the vegie garden which is closer to my place than her house and says she hasnt ever heard them. I am wondering if the lady actually has a hearing problem. [​IMG] I was actually shocked- but also relieved as I want to make sure they arent annoying anyone. I guess as owners we are much more attuned to hearing them- and those around us hearing it form a distance may not really take notice of what they are hearing.

4. stargazingmommy

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    I get so paranoid about the noise and smell. I till up their run every other day, I change the pool daily. There hasn't been a smell at all thank goodness.
    We have one neighbor that I'm sure would cause problems at the slightest thing. He has regarding other things(including reporting us for growing, selling and smoking pot, got investigated and cleared), so I wouldn't put it past him.

5. stargazingmommy

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    oh, aand they are about 9 wks old

6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    LOL

I hope you're legal. If you are, then it doesn't matter what the neighbor says as long as you're following all the ordinances.

7. stargazingmommy

Apr 19, 2011
    Spokane
    Quote:not quite...municipal code says 1 poultry per 2000 SF. we have 5430. If you call code enforcement, they tell you 3 and no males(code says nothing about sex).
    I have 2 chickens and 2 ducks outside right now, and 1 chick in the brooder.

I just also irritated my idiot neighbor by planting big bamboo between his fence and our yard, now he can't look through the cracks in the fence and watch us.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  8. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    LOL didn't know a duck could throw a fit [​IMG] That's frustrating about the neighbour. We're rural so, yeah anything pretty much goes [​IMG] To be honest it's our macaw that you hear not the ducks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Must be moon phase or something. One of my girls was pitching a fit this morning, long and loud for about an hour. Then the rooster joins in and starts crowing.
    Not exactly a good Monday morning start in the burbs. [​IMG]

10. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Sore Thumb Suburbanite Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    Your neighbor sounds creepy, can't you get any dirt on him? What a jerk for making up the pot thing, I would be furious. I think you will be fine with your pets, I made sure my coop and yard was built in such a way as to make it difficult for anybody to see the whole thing from any yard. My girls also hang out under the coop and against the wall most of the day, they are tough to see most of the time. I am also getting MORE!!! I am only technically allowed 5 pets-I have six now and will be getting 2 or 3 chicken hens next spring!

Maybe you can plant a vine or some bushes against your duck yard...even though you did the bamboo (great idea!) so it would be difficult for anybody to count your birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by