a few chickens with watery poofy eyes...??

momof247371

Songster
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
My mom has some silver seabrights and the rooster and one hen have watery, poofy eyes. What is it and what can she do about it? I have chickens myself but havnt had this problem with them. So i didnt know what to tell her. any suggestions/help would be appreciated. thanks!

Could be several things--Coryza, Mycoplasma, ILT etc...separate those chickens out from the rest and try to get more info for us. There is a sticky on the top of the page with info to give, that would be very helpful.

Especially--age of chickens, other symptoms, poo changes, smell, head or mouth movements.

BTW--make sure you practice biosecurity--wash your hands, change shoes after visiting her. Don't touch her chickens!

Last edited:
As far as I know, everything elase is normal about them. No other complaints but the eyes. She doesnt know how old they are cause she didnt hatch them herself. But im guessing around 2-3 years old, maybe older cause the rooster has long spurs. NONE of the other birds have it. What would be a pretty basic medicine for it?

Back
Top Bottom