A few chicks ~ what are we? Thanks!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by erinnoie, Jul 31, 2013.

1. erinnoie

erinnoie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    Cudahy, WI
    [​IMG]
    a week ago:
    [​IMG]

Grape Soda. 6 weeks old. Think this is a boy? Short wing feathers compared to the other 9 chicks. Also one of the smallest. Slowest to feather. Breed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    baby pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    EnderChick. 6 weeks old. Boy/girl? This is one of my fave babies :) I hope it's a pullet. Barred Rock?

[​IMG]
    baby pic:
    [​IMG]
    Barney. 6 weeks old. I'm guessing boy? What breed? Was told easter egger, but he doesn't look like the other easter eggers in our bunch. Biggest of the bunch.

[​IMG]
    FancyPants. boy/girl?? 5 weeks old in this picture.

2. chickenluver555

chickenluver555 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Grape Soda: boy. Orpington/Cochin cross.

EnderChick: girl (i think) the comb is looking a little red. Barred Rock diffidently.

Barney: boy. Leghorn.

FancyPants: girl. what breed?

3. erinnoie

Jun 14, 2013
    Cudahy, WI
    Thanks. Sounds about what I was expecting. I'm surprised about the leghorn breed, the people we got these chicks from didn't state they had any leghorns in their bunch! They are neat looking roosters though, so hopefully we can keep him around.
    I'm glad EnderChick is possibly a girl, and FancyPants a girl. I believe FP is an EE.

Will have to try to get pictures of our other 6 chicks. I hope we don't have many other boys!

4. angel8035

angel8035 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Applegate, California
    ETA: Strange for FancyPants to have yellow feet and a straight comb as an easter egger so maybe that's not it or she is mixed with something else.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. chickenluver555

Apr 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Your chicks are still pretty young, it is really hard to determine the gender at this age, so I could be wrong with a few of them. But the white one looks like a leghorn to me. Just google some pics, they look pretty similar. I have never seen a white EE, so I don't think it is that. but you never know...

6. erinnoie

Jun 14, 2013
    Cudahy, WI
    Thank you for the responses, I will keep my fingers crossed for pullets :) especially the barred rock, that babe is my fave, so friendly and pretty!

7. angel8035

angel8035 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Applegate, California
    Male chicks are usually the ones that people are most drawn to because they are the most outgoing and rambunctious. I'm sorry but I can almost guarantee that the BR is a boy.

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

9. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

10. chickenluver555

Apr 20, 2013
    Virginia
    What I am wondering about FancyPants is that her legs are yellow, when Easter Egger legs are blue-green, right? Let me research more on her, I have an idea of what she could be but I can't think of the breed name off the top of my head.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by