1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A few more pics of Atilla Lily and sweet little Dash! PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Nov 12, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, Lily has done it again. Boy I would trade her in if Dash werent so attached to her.
    First, day before, she got into the potted plant, need I say dirt went flying, but I got some good pics! lol
    Last night, she leaped on me while I was getting food ready (she is horrid for this), opened a gash in my leg, spilled mash all over me, the floor, everywhere. I have never had a chicken get so darned piggy even when she has just eaten. I cant count the times I have either cleaned UP after her, or had to get the peroxide out to disinfect my wounds. sigh...I SURE hope she settles down as she gets older, any chicken this manic as an adult will be dangerous. It would HELP if she didnt THINK she was a people.
    Anyhow, most of the time she tickles my funny bone, but she IS a nuisance. [​IMG]

If Dash thinks she might get in trouble, she stands back and watches. lol See Dash to the far right.

[​IMG]

Since I wasnt hollering bloody murder and spanking Lily, Dash decides to investigate..

[​IMG]

Lily checking out the coop ("I KNOW this stuff wasnt here before...")

[​IMG]

"C'mon Dash, lets have a dust bath" Dash "But I'm COLD...well ok, for a little bit.."

[​IMG]

Dash..."Let's head on in, I am freezing my tush off out here"..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOVE the third pic! She's turning into a real beauty. Jill, your problem is that they are living inside the house and not in a "natural" environment. Of course, they're going to make a mess. Gee, I'd hate for them to do to my house what they do to the coop! I think all the energy just shows how happy and healthy they both are. And that reflects on you being a good mom!

3. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yea, I sure wished two full size ones had hatched and I would have them outside. Thing is poor Dash, it was 50 degrees today and within 45 minutes, the poor lil thing was shivering so bad she could barely stand. Been trying to acclimate her to chillier temps, but she isnt handling it well. And Lily cries without Dash, Dash SCREAMS her bloody head off without Lily. Thats part of the prob. You never heard a chick cry so loud. Dash is pretty quiet normally but when she cries, good lord you would do anything to shut her up. lol

Lily is adorable, its just she has boundless energy and she really DOES think she is NOT a chicken, oh horrors! [​IMG] I am not sure WHAT she thinks she is, but it sure isnt a chicken. I have been trying to introduce her to the older two, she is very curious about them. I just dont know what to do with Dash. If I had had one more hatch that was full size, I would have kept them separate from the get go and kept Dash as a little housechickie. She is quiet, has lil poos, isnt really exuberant and is a tiny lil thing. Thing is, I think Lily is the one that WANTS to be the one loved and snuggled under your coat, but she is a bit of a big galoot to do it to. lol Like you said Lexie was, she really does want non stop attention but I could sure see her happy in a barnyard for sure. She would probably be queen of the flock!

4. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh, when I move to an acreage.... sigh....

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I bet she does keep you busy. She's healthy and beautiful and full of vim and vigor, as they say. Those kids always stay in hot water. Oops, cant say that about a chicken, LOL!

6. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iv'e been sick... thats my excuse for getting to this thread so late [​IMG]

Nice pic's.
    Looks like you have your hands full there [​IMG]
    The picture where lilly is checking out the coop, her body shape looks like Esther's, hmm, I didn't realise that BR's had such long necks.
    Kinda interesting how chickens look different to you the longer you have them... maybe it's just me.

I still think you need to make dash a sweater... or a neck sleeve, so they can go outside more.
    There must be something you can dress her up in that will keep her warm.

Have fun jill

Steve

7. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    I just love that second picture. Lily looks so intent on her exploration of the pot and Dash is like "whatchya doin' Lily?" Sooo cute!

Ever thought about creating a childrens book around the misadventures of dash and lilly? When I was little my mom would read me a book that I just loved about a puppy that was always in trouble. I think it was called "Harry the Dirty Dog" or something like that.

Anyway, you do have a couple of very charming characters on your hands!

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's too funny!!! It's like having toddlers!!! Maybe you could make them a playpen!!! Ha!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by