1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A few mystery chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ameliadanielle, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    So I went crazy and bought all 14 straight run bantam chicks in the bantam bin. Most are cochins I believe. But I ended up with two clean legged chicks that are smaller than the others and I have no clue what they are.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one has dark legs and light feet. I've seen a few baby chicks that look similar but I don't know much about bantam breeds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one I have no clue at all.

[​IMG]
    I got some black and some white cochins but this color... I have no clue. I have 6 of the little guys.

2. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    The last one might be a mille fleur d'uccle.

1 person likes this.
  3. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    The last one, they are the largest of the chicks, if that helps any. I got them at TSC, and they came in together so I assume they are all about the same age. The grey/orange chicks are largest, then the black feather legged chicks, then the white feather legged chicks, then the two clean legged chicks are just teeny tiny.

4. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    I bought them all because I was hoping I could get at least 6 hens out of the 14 for my little bantam flock. I got the two clean legged chicks, 3 black feather legged, 3 white feather legged, and 6 of the grey/orange ones.

5. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    Well it looks like the poor little black one isn't going to make it. Both of the clean legged babies were smaller and weaker than the rest last night, but the yellow one has perked up and is eating and drinking. The little black one I've been able to get to drink some water and vitamins, it pecked at the food a little... but I don't know if it's eating. It's very weak. I don't know if it will pull through or not. I may not ever know what it is.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    The last chick looks like a dark Brahma maybe? The other two could be Old English Games.

Sorry to hear about the little black baby, hopefully it makes a turn for the better :fl

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    The black one is sleeping in my sleeve. I have been holding it off and on all day. It seems to perk up and do better away from the other babies. They just knock this poor little guy around. It's so tiny and it's wings already have feathers and they're so long it has trouble moving around.

8. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bhchickens

bhchickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2016
    Troy AL
    [​IMG][​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]does anyone know what breed of chick this is? All I know is it is a bantam. I bought 6 of these

10. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    Feather legged not silkies? Lol. I was assuming my feather legged light skinned bantams were cochins. I'm no good at knowing which chicks are what. That's why I'm here too. I have these three I assume are white cochin bantams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This last one seems to be a little spraddle legged.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by