A few new Zoo Crew ..some rescued, some not so much....

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Aneesa's Muse, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG]
    This boy was dumped in a local pet store ..in this rusted out cage, with huge matted knots all over his back side. As soon as I picked him up and looked in his eyes, he's been River ..and he lives in a nice big C'n C just like my other pig kids. He's had a haircut ..and he gets a grooming session everyday!

[​IMG]
    Jersey Rose and her DDs ..Necia, Maren and Ona ...not going anywhere, I guess.

[​IMG]
    This little Stinkpot came with two tanks I got off freecycle ...her name is Sooky ..and hopefully she will benefit from some proper husbandry, late in life. She's 3 plus years old ..and only 3 inches or so.

[​IMG]
    This beautiful girl was neglected and then ultimately dumped on a doorstep ...with icky eye issues and lots of retained shed problems. She's on the mend now, and her appetite is great!

[​IMG]
    This little kidlet hatched out the day before my birthday.. Thorn!

[​IMG]
    This one hatched ON my birthday ...and came out of the egg, yelling at me! Its speed and attitude is the reason for the poor pic.. this is Thistle!

[​IMG]
    Rex is just all over the place ..hence the blurrr... he's a long term captive Pacific Gopher that some little boy got bored with. He's really a joy to handle and work with ..as he's sooo docile and curious.. and he has beautiful color!

I think that's it ...maybe! [​IMG]

Thanks for lookin'!

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Awwww!! Look at everyone, they look so happy! Good for you for giving all these little guys and gals a better life! [​IMG] They are beautiful! Is River a Peruvian?

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I love all of your babies! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I was happy until I got to the bottom. Snakes freak me out
    They look, ummm.. Lovely?
    Thanks for sharing
    Christina

5. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Bec.. and monarc23... [​IMG]

I am not sure what River is ...I'm not well versed on Cavies' "morphs" or coats or whatever, actually... in spite of the numbers here [​IMG] Giorgi was a dumped kid sitting in a 10g at one of the local pet stores, so he came home ..and he'd never had a buddy before, so I rescued a special little guy for him to have a pal......... only J.R. turned out to be a GIRL!!! Oh my.. and then she had the 3 DDs and one DS ..that lives with his Pop.

Umm.. yeah.. so they all have smooth fur. I do know that Jersey Rose, one of her daughters, and her son, Ty, have "crests" ...and that Giorgi is a "dutch" ..whatever that means??

Maybe I'll post some pics of him on the Cavy site and see what they think he is. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  6. Aneesa's Muse

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Okay... I had to go a'googlin....

River is a Silkie, or sometimes called, Sheltie... as his hair does not part down the middle of his back ..and his hair grows back from his face, rather than forward.

All I knew before now ...he's very soft and slinky to the touch ..and his coat is like that of a well groomed Shih Tzu pup [​IMG]

I read further, and 3 of my gang are American Cresteds ..with the one white "cow lick" in contrast to their other hair colored bodies. The two PEW's could easily be mistaken for what is called "Lethals" ...but my girls are not blind like them, so hopefully we are good.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    hi..cute critters!!..[​IMG]..i have a cavi also..he's awesome!..but be careful this time of year...they can catch our human colds..and its pretty bad for them i guess...what cute lizards!!..love 'um!..[​IMG].., Wendy..p.s., hows your redfoot?

8. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    AWWW cuties !

9. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    What beautiful babies you have!

10. Aneesa's Muse