A few photos of recent outdoor time

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Beaner, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Beaner

Beaner Out Of The Brooder

I have four (presumed) pullets of indeterminite breeding. They have been allowed to graze outside of the run lately to get some free range time in the nice Spring weather. They are destroying the mulch in my garden...but a bag of mulch is cheap, right? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Aww [​IMG]. Great Photos [​IMG]

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Beautiful! I believe the chick in the last photo is a cockerel. I used to live in Pinellas Park back when the gators would chase you across the road.

4. Beaner

Thanks! Yeah, the jury is still out on that black chick. The wattles have definitely started to come in, so I'll just have to keep an eye on "Smokey."

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I love those pics! I'm jealous of your birds. [​IMG]

6. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Have to agree, that is a boy....

They are lovely. Hope you can have roosters. There is nothing like a good rooster. I know. I have 8 right now...

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, they are beautiful pics! They are very happy, you can sure see that! Enjoy!!!

8. Lexiluke

Lexiluke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Very nice!

9. Beaner

We can technically have roosters, but I have no real use for one. If it turns out that one is a male, I'll give him back to the neighbors (where he will end up in a soup pot, more than likely). They have a large number of chicks of various ages and another clutch of eggs being set by one of their hens. But my space constraints keeps me at four birds. I can't wait until they start laying - I think I have about another month to go. [​IMG]

10. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Cute chickens. I know not everyone wants a rooster, but I think they are great entertainment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by