1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A few pics of my big fat babies!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by moenmitz, Jun 24, 2008.

1. moenmitz

moenmitz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    [​IMG]

I just love the look on the cats' faces! I was initially worried they would eat the babies, but the last week or so has turned the geese from looking like appetizers, to looking like seriosuly threatening beasts! The cats light out when they see them heading their way now!

[​IMG]

This is Thunder Thighs- not sure what sort of cross it is, Embden maybe? But it is very different in body type from the other geese. It has a neck and thighs that make it look like it is on steroids. I get such a kick out of watching him plowing through the flock to get to me when I wave a treat-like a football player heading for a touchdown!.

[​IMG]

The geese from the rear- I was trying to get a shot of TT from the back, cause his butt is twice as wide as the otehrs, but he wasn't real cooperative. (he is second to the leader, you can kinda tell how fat he is!) We also have what is apparently an Embden that MMH threw into the weeder geese box to keep them warm. We call her the DuckGoose cause we weren't sure what she was at first. Her and Thunder Thighs are comparable in stature-whereas the weeder geese have these long scrawny necks and legs. GooseDuck is a very BAD weeder goose though, she eats anything in her path so she doesn't get to play in the garden anymore!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I think most cats seem to know to leave some animals alone. They are not worth the trouble. [​IMG]

3. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    TT sounds like my Cornish X...
    haha.. that is the perfect description too!

They are cute BIG BABIES!

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

5. eggcochin_freak5

eggcochin_freak5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Georgia
    oh my gosh.....i love geese they are soooooo cute

6. DuckLady