1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A few pics of my new fuzzy-butts

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MariposaMama, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    Just picked up my order of 25 surprise special pullets from Ideal. [​IMG] One was DOA, poor little thing, and there are 4 or 5 more I'm concerned about. The rest seem to be doing well so far.

I know I have one SLW, and a few BAs. The yellows (I think) are NHR, but could be something else. The reds are probably Production Reds. There are some that are all black, maybe Black Sex Links? We have one with a brown face and one silver/yellow with feathered feet I can't identify. Any guesses as to what breeds I have?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. feathrencox

feathrencox Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2008
    West Virginia
    I'm pretty sure your feather footed friends are Light Brahmas! Hopefully someone else will agree with me! I have a few of these and they are some of my most gentle, smartest and WONDERFUL chickens. I started out with a Lt. Brahma named Pepper and all of her offspring have had "spice" names. Their is Sage, Paprika and the latest one is Nutmeg because she has a brownish tint to her but still part Brahma! hehe. Enjoy all your babies. I'm starting to get the fuzzbutt "bug" looking at all these posts and pictures! AWWWWWW!

The 5th grade teacher at my daughter's school is planning on using and incubating some eggs for their Life Science chapter. His class is so excited and so is my daughter's kindergarten class because they are going to be checking on the eggs also! Then I get to take home the babies when/if they hatch! [​IMG] YAY me!
    Heather

3. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    [​IMG] Light Brahmas would be cool. We don't have any of those. Once they've settled down some I will get better pictures. There is at least one different colored one with feathered feet. I didn't think there were any Cochins available this week, so I don't know what else it could be.

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Yes, Light Brahmas. Black ones sexlink. Red ones Production Reds.

5. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    The red ones look just like my Golden Sex-Link chicks.

6. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Aww, they are very cute and fluffy! [​IMG]

I love your Light Brahma! It's adorable.

7. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    Awe so cute ! Thanks for sharing your peeps with us!!!

[​IMG]

Can't wait to see more pix. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by