1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

A few pics of new chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by harryg6167, Jul 24, 2010.

1. harryg6167

harryg6167 Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Kentwood
    Just finishing out my last hatching for a few months (maybe). My last few hatches were of
    guineas, and 4 Black Spanish Turkeys. On the turkeys I started out with 18 eggs and 7 of those
    developed. Out of the 7 I had 3 which died while pipping. I had to be gone to the Dr. when they decided to hatch a few days early
    and was not there to help them out. The 4 that survived are doing great.
    I also hatched out a mixture of Dominiques, and a few giant cochins, 6 golden buff bantam cochins, and 1 frizzle. The chicks in the picture have plenty of room but they were kinda camera shy and all of the ran and piled in the corner of the brooder when I went to take the picture. Also I am not the worlds best at taking picture but do like taking pictures of my chickens and other birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Songster

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    So Many Dittlers!!!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Impressive collection!

4. Guineas are SO cute!

5. harryg6167

harryg6167 Songster

Jun 20, 2009
    Kentwood
    Thanks for the nice comments. I was really fortunate on the guineas.
    I incubated 41 eggs and had 38 hatch. Then my female guineas was setting
    on 19 of her eggs and after about 2 1/2 weeks I stole them from her and finished
    incubating them in the incubator so that I would have no problem getting the
    keets when they hatched. 18 of her 19 hatched.

6. Trophamus

Trophamus Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    wow thats great hatch results for the guinies! all of them look great [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by