A few pics that I took of my girls today...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gumpsgirl, Jan 18, 2009.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Here's a few pics that I took of my girls today! Just wanted to share. [​IMG]

This is my Barred Rock girl, Olive.
    [​IMG]
    This is my RIR girl, Penny. Don't ask me what's up with her eyes! I don't have a clue why my camera did that. [​IMG]
    Here is one of my Welsummer girls, Scarlett, and my Mille Fluer d'Uccle, Addora.
    [​IMG]
    These girls are my Splash Jersey Giant, Saphira, and my Black Orp., Raven. I guess you can sort of see my BLRW girl, Winnie in the backround.
    [​IMG]

2. camjac

camjac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Great pics and pretty girls! Oh, to see the grass again (we haven't not had snow since before Christmas)!

3. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

It's nice to see some pretty hens. Mine are mid molt and it's a good reminder that they WILL look better again!

4. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    camjac - The grass is in an ugly state and not much of a site to look at right now, but hey! At least it isn't covered in snow, right?!?! [​IMG]

BeardedChick - They will have their pretty feathers back just in time for the busy laying season! Just you wait! [​IMG]

Thank you both for your nice comments! I think they are lovely girls, buy I'm a bit partial. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Beautiful I want to add several of those breeds and I am glad my wellsummer ladies will be so pretty when they are grown they are ugly teenagers right now [​IMG]

6. camjac

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    I will take anything right now! [​IMG] I think I would even be happy to see MUD!

7. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Henry - Thank you! The Welsummers are actually one of my favorite breeds! They do come out to be lovely once fully feathered out. [​IMG]

camjac - Oh no you wouldn't! Mud is the worst! It gets tracked in the house, cars, and everywhere else you don't want it to be.

8. camjac

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    Maybe not mud.....I think I just want to look at it and not have to go out in it! [​IMG]

9. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I hear you there! [​IMG] I moved here to VA about 14 years ago now and so enjoy our mild winters. I grew up in Colorado and Utah where we had lots of snow every winter. I don't miss it one bit! We do get some snow here, but not nearly as much as the western section of the U.S.

10. camjac

Jun 22, 2008
    Northeast Ohio
    We just got a foot of snow last night into today so enjoy any kind of grass you can. At least your girls can get out. Mine will not come out when there's white on the ground. [​IMG] They have been cooped up for quite a while now (at least they don't seem to mind it)! They get lots of treats and usually 4 visits a day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by