A finished quilt

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MissPrissy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I just finished this quilt this morning. I wanted to share my joy at being finished. It took 1 year and 7 months from started to end.

[​IMG]

You can see the whole thing on my blog if you want.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Nice. [​IMG] I love to quilt, but I hate to piece!! Unfortunately my thumbs don't hardly let me do it anymore.

3. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have carpel tunnel and my fingers go numb very quickly. Today I plowed through with numb fingers and finished it!

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    beautiful....I love to quilt. Maybe I'll get back to it after my kids are a little bigger. My son has a problem leaving things alone!! :mad:

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I love that feeling! And I have a quilt that I started maybe 20 years ago that I'll probably never finish, a king-size. You and I have the same issue with our hands, Angie, as you know. You really do like brown, LOL! So do I.

6. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    It is beautiful! Is it all hand stitched or did you machine quilt? I have made little throws, all machine but never a big beauty like yours. I like to sit down and finish a project right away. I commend your patience and dedication. Who is the lucky person/people who get to sleep under it?

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:That's probably what I've got too, but since I haven't went to a Dr. in almost 20 years I haven't had an official diagnosis.

8. MissPrissy

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I do love browns and reds that lean to those colors. They feel more old fashioned to me.

TOM - it is both, some machine work, some hand work.

Katey, I had surgery on one hand and need it on the other. I have put it off because I will be out of using the hand for as long as 6 weeks. I have too much work to do!

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I've got a friend who had it on both hands and had really good results. My dad had it done and it didn't help him on bit.

10. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    That is really beautiful! Congrats on getting it finished!

I love quilts, wish I talent for that sort of stuff!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by