1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Flock Update *Picture Heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cats Critters, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

This is just a flock update, I'm down to a total of 8 birds due to raccoon attacks.

First up is Kernel a WL/EE, who had one eye damaged by a raccoon attack and the other by a rooster after the attack. Currently he is living in a cage so he can easily find his food and water.
    [​IMG]

Next is the smaller/lower in the pecking order EE/BR rooster, who is looking for a new home:
    [​IMG]

This is Red my EE rooster with one of the WL/EE cross hens, all the hens if given the option seem to want to stick with him rather then the BR/EE boys:
    [​IMG]

The currently head rooster, the bigger EE/BR rooster, who is also looking for a new home:
    [​IMG]

Everyone but the smaller BR/EE Rooster and Kernel:
    [​IMG]

The BA/EE cross who scared the living daylights out of me today/last night. She wasn't in the coop and I couldn't find her roosting anywhere, but this morning when I open the door there was a bunch of feathers like when a raccoon attacks, but when I glanced up she was sitting on the roost safe and sound. But I have no idea how she got in [​IMG] :
    [​IMG]

A picture of the non-muffed Wl/EE hen:
    [​IMG]

My only remaining original bird and only pure-breed, my CM:
    [​IMG]

Red and the Girls:
    [​IMG]

The muffed WL/EE hen:
    [​IMG]

All of the flock, except Kernel:
    [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Nice pics! [​IMG]

I'm sorry for your losses. [​IMG]

3. Cats Critters

Quote:Thanks, I have to say it is very strange/different from last fall when I had 42 birds (I did give away two roosters, all the others are raccoon losses) to now when their is only 8 of them.

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    i am sorry!!!! we went through that too! [​IMG]

5. Cats Critters

Quote:Thanks, how many birds did you lose? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by