A-Frame Coops - Please POST PICS!

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
I am considering building an A-Frame coop for the few Bantam Cochins that I still have. I have never built one like this before but would really like to see some examples to get an idea of what would be best for them. Inside pics of how you set yours up would be really appreciated too!

Thanks everyone
smile.png

dcs02d

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
Ok... Really give me until this weekend or next because I'm almost done with mine and I can give you exact measurements and pictures.

The bottom frame outside dimensions are 5 feet wide by 10 feet long.

I used 1 x 4 x 10 pine to frame the bottom (4 pieces)
A single 1 x 4 x 10 piece runs along the top. The TOP of this beam is 36 inches.

Then I built supporting beams. There are 4 of these on each side of the a frame and again, I used 1 x 4 pine.

The angle for the cut on the supporting beams is 51.25 degrees (if you didn't pass trig
smile.png
)

Then I cut 2 inches off the bottom at 38.75 degrees

If you use cheap pine like I did the lumber cost for the frame was maybe $50. I also had to buy some glue, screws, nails and water proof stain so it doesn't rot.

I built a model hen house out of cardboard and can post pics of the pieces with exact dimensions. You will need 7 pieces of plywood. I haven't finished that yet but will this weekend unless it keeps raining!

Last edited:

ranchhand

Rest in Peace 1956-2011
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
SC
Have you checked out the Coop Designs section at the top of the page? There a hundreds of pics and some have drawings for how to build it.
big_smile.png

Top Bottom