1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Fridge For The Coop...Says My DH

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickaroo!, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    This evening my DH and I were at Lowes and he stops to look at mini fridges. I asked what in the world he was looking at them for and he says, "For the new coop". [​IMG] For someone that wants a little to do with the chickens as possible he sure is interested in making the coop fancy! He said it'd be helpful to have it out there so that I can put their yogurt and veggies in it and also they're frozen 2ltr. bottles of water!

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Good, take him up on it! I have a dorm size fridge out in the coop and it's great![​IMG]

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

A good place to stop in for beer if we ever get any summer heat! lol.

4. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    My daughter just graduated from college and I now have her dorm fridge. It's destined for the tack room where the backside of the nesting boxes will lift open and I can collect eggs and stick them right into the fridge. And yes a few beers will have a brief stay in there as well.

5. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Okay, so maybe I will take him up on the offer! I'd like for him to build some sort of casing for around it so it can be kept outside though. The whole point of building the new coop was so it'd be bigger and I don't want alot of other "stuff" in it. Just more chickens! [​IMG] I do like his idea of putting a small outdoor sink on the back. That'd be so awesome!!

6. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    [​IMG] - That sounds exactly like my DH.

I have two refigeratiors and beer can be located in both!

At least he was thinking of the birds, you and himself!

Too Funny...

7. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Good for meds and a beer or two, and a soda for chicken watching!
    Brenda

8. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Perhaps I can make the wall between the tack room and coop from plexiglass and have a cozy sofa out there. Better than TV!

9. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    stop giving me ideas! [​IMG] DH is going to make me live in the coop. Hmmmm...

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Hmmmm and a nice shallow little shoe washer would be nice. Could be used in the heat of summer to help keep the chickens little feet cool!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by