A friend for Lily

kkraczek

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 27, 2007
Well, my hubby built a really nice chicken coop in our backyard (pics to come), so we decided it was time to add another chicken to keep Lily company! Here it is, a mix of some sort, hopefully a girl.
smile.png
I'm thinking Buff Rock? It has yellow legs and the prettiest greyish green eyes. Here are some photos; unfortunately the chick is still muddy from the farm I got it from. I've also enclosed a photo of what I believe is an almost fully grown Lily.
smile.png
(I think she's moulting again- she's missing some tail feathers) Thanks to all who have been such a help to us in our new pet adventure!

AppleLily006.jpg

AppleLily001.jpg

AppleLily003.jpg

AppleLily004.jpg

AppleLily007.jpg

AppleLily008.jpg

Lily looks like she is enjoying her new friend. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I have no idea on the breed, but they are both very pretty. Any idea on the age of the youngster? Is it standard or bantam? The small size and pretty pink comb is making me think boy, but the neck feathers look curved (which is a girly thing), so not sure on sex either.

Jody

Thanks! I think that he/she is 2 months old. The person I got the chick from has hundreds of free range chickens, so I figured the breed would be questionable.
wink.png
But, it is most likely a standard.

Any other guesses would be appreciated as well!
smile.png

She has white and buff in her. That's all I really know.

Is Lily an EE? with those green legs and that color pattern, she might be!

Thanks! I'm not sure about Lily being an EE, because she hasn't laid any eggs yet.
smile.png
Also, she was found wandering in our yard a few months ago, so she's kind of an accidental pet.
wink.png

For the little one, my daughter named it Apple, because we're hoping beyond hope that it's a girl! If not, we have to take it back to the farm and get a girl, as we live in a residential neighborhood. If anyone thinks Apple is a boy, please let me know...
wink.png

Thanks for the compliments!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom