1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A funny thing happened today...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by paganfish, Jan 27, 2008.

1. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    I noticed one of the chick's bum was all cruddy. (Oh no! That's how I lost a chick on my last brood!) [​IMG]

So, I get some warm water, two paper towels...and try to get comfy for I know this is going to take a while!

I am sitting in their brooder for almost half an hour being as gentle as can be while the chick wiggles every once in a while. Not because she is in pain but because all the other chicks surrounded me and wanting to know "what the heck I am doing?" are peeping at her. :|

I think? [​IMG]

After gently rubbing this way and that with a warm wet towel I finally dislodged a piece of her poop and see just a bit more on the side. So, I shift to get at that when all of a sudden - a BIG poop comes out! I mean that sucker was HUGE!

I completely forgot about the chick as I try to flick the turd (poop...not chick) from my hand when the offending culprit jumps off my leg and runs off with her buddies.

I clean your butt from all that poop and this is the thanks I get? INGRATE! [​IMG]

I will check in on her later but I think she's pooping OK now.

Whew! [​IMG]

Peace-

Pedro

PS I can't tell this sort of thing to ANY one else but you...[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  2. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    Good, because no one else would understand but us. LOL

3. homecatmom

homecatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You are probably right on tha Pedro!! And we do all truly understand... [​IMG]
    Cathy

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have always just run warm water in the kitchen sink and flush it over their bottom. Quick, easy and messes aren't hard to clean up.

5. paganfish

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:Thanks! I am just afraid to take them out of the brooder and have them get a chill.

OK, OK, OK! I'll admit it! I did take some pleasure out of bonding this way with the peep! [​IMG]

Not like I had anything else to do anyway? [​IMG]

Peace-

Pedro [​IMG]

6. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Boy Pedro, you are pretty easy if it just take rubbing a chick butt to make you happy..lol Jenn

7. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    [​IMG]

8. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    I'm in for it when I get mine in March. Good job Pedro. [​IMG]

9. paganfish

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    Quote:OH NO! I just realized how bad that sounded! [​IMG]

That's not how I meant it...ummm, really! [​IMG]

Sort of reminds me of the time I sent my friend an e-mail that said "Chick Pics" on the subject title...he was skeered to open it at work! [​IMG]

P~

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by