A Fussy Brahma Girl DownUnder.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Love Farm, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Love Farm

Love Farm New Egg

May 18, 2014
    G-day All,
    I'm new to BYC and I need Some advice, I haven't had chickens for long. I have 10 young girls, all much loved, and all named.But out of these 10 girls I have 4 girl's that are laying. 9 of them where born at the end of last year or the beginning of this year. My 2 Brahma girls are lovely about 8 months old and not laying, Peri eat's what all the other girls eat, grains and then what's out in the yard, But Jasmine has never had a full crop, she must be eating just enough to stay alive but honestly I'm worried about her. I give her special treatment, I hand feed her multi-grain bread, she loves her greens, she comes into the house at night time so she get's the feed. How much should I feed them?
    [​IMG] Please any advice on what to feed her and the other girls would be great.
    I have 3 Peking Bantam's born February this year and they are also not laying yet. Do I need special laying boxes for them or should they lay where the other girls lay?
    Thank you [​IMG]to any one with advice for me.
    Hooroo from DownUnder Sylvia

2. julesisthehen

julesisthehen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2014
    My chickens have often not started laying until 7 months old, and sometimes they hide their nests. Are you giving them constant access to food? They will not eat too much, and they will scratch and run around, they won't spend all their time eating, but they will be full and happy. Layer feed is your best bet on what to feed them, because it gives them the proper amount of nutrients to lay good eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by