A good camera for taking pictures of chickens or other animals

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Veer67, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Recently my camera fell off a shelf and now has problems and many of the pictures I have taken after the fall are unclear ( I use a COOLPIX S8200). I am picky about cameras, and I need one that can take nice crisp, clear, and well focused pictures. So now, do any of you have suggestions? And please post something taken by your camera. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    You already have a my favorite brand Nikon. All the pictures I have posted (you can see the albums on my page or 3 of them in the signature line) are taken w/ my Nikon D60, some w/ a nikkor lens others w/ a tamron lens Is there a reason you didn't want to go w/ Coolpix again?

3. Veer67

No, I just want to try something new, I like the brand Nikon though.

4. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    I've got a FujiFilm FinePix camera that takes excellent pictures. It has many settings, and you can even record your voice over the photo.
    Here is a picture I have taken with it.
    [​IMG]

5. indi

indi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Currently I own a Nikon J1 and I find it not only super easy to use but gives very clear images. also the continuous shooting mode is great for animals (and little sisters!) who wont sit still!
    [​IMG]
    (maybe not the greatest photo from my camera, but seriously the continuous shoot is a blessing!)

6. Veer67

Nice picture thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by