A good camera for taking pictures of chickens or other animals

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Veer67, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Veer67

Veer67 Songster

Recently my camera fell off a shelf and now has problems and many of the pictures I have taken after the fall are unclear ( I use a COOLPIX S8200). I am picky about cameras, and I need one that can take nice crisp, clear, and well focused pictures. So now, do any of you have suggestions? And please post something taken by your camera. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    You already have a my favorite brand Nikon. All the pictures I have posted (you can see the albums on my page or 3 of them in the signature line) are taken w/ my Nikon D60, some w/ a nikkor lens others w/ a tamron lens Is there a reason you didn't want to go w/ Coolpix again?

3. Veer67

Veer67 Songster

No, I just want to try something new, I like the brand Nikon though.

4. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Songster

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    I've got a FujiFilm FinePix camera that takes excellent pictures. It has many settings, and you can even record your voice over the photo.
    Here is a picture I have taken with it.
    [​IMG]

5. indi

indi Chirping

Aug 4, 2011
    Currently I own a Nikon J1 and I find it not only super easy to use but gives very clear images. also the continuous shooting mode is great for animals (and little sisters!) who wont sit still!
    [​IMG]
    (maybe not the greatest photo from my camera, but seriously the continuous shoot is a blessing!)

6. Veer67

Veer67 Songster

Nice picture thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: