a good cheap chicken recipe

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chicken chickie, Oct 20, 2014.

1. chicken chickie

chicken chickie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2014
    Pennsylvania pa
    I'm a vegetarian now but back when I ate meat my mother in law gave me this Easy ( I am not so good in the kitchen) recipe : a pound of boneless chicken cut up ..sour cream and cream of chicken soup and crushed up Ritz crackers ...Cook chicken up , mix soup and sour cream , add chicken in mixture spread in a baking dish and layer on top the crushed up ritz crackers ..Cook in oven for about a half hour and bon appetite .....so easy and easy on the wallet and prep time .. tastes great ..you make as much as you want cause my meat eating family gobbles it up ...it's not so bad cold too

2. chicken chickie

chicken chickie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2014
    Pennsylvania pa
    I forgot to add leave soup condensed

3. GardenHen

GardenHen New Egg

Jan 24, 2015
    Another really easy chicken recipe is my

Crockpot Chicken-a-la-King

I pop two whole chicken legs (bones in and all) into my crockpot early in the morning.
    At lunch time I take out the bones and gristle and chop up the meat. Then I add 1 chopped up onion and 1 or 2 cubed potatoes, salt & pepper.
    About 30 minutes before supper I put a pot of rice on the stove and then I add 1 can of condensed mushroom soup to the chicken (and if I want to get fancy with herbs I do this now as well).
    I serve it over the rice so it soaks up the gravy.

If I'm gone all day, I pop the potatoes and onion in the crocket in the morning, but it's a bit harder to get all the gristle out when it looks like a potato chunk at supper time. Fortunately I have an understanding family [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by