1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a good chicken magazine ??????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by nochickensyet, Dec 18, 2008.

1. nochickensyet

nochickensyet Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2008
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    I was wonderin if any of yall have subscriptions to any type of poultry/chicken/foul magazine? And if yall do...what are some good ones? I don't think this ? should have been on this post topic...but..I couldn't really think of what post to put it under.
    thanks

2. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
  3. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    BTW, I have no chickens yet, either! I guess i should change my name... [​IMG] but I am interested in
    Chanteclers
    Dominiques
    Australorp
    Sussex
    Wyandotte
    Buff Brahma
    Easter Egger
    Faverolle
    Mille Fleur

What about you? [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    I also enjoy the Backyard Poultry Magazine. It's been the best I have seen so far.

5. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    I don't know about any magazines but BYC ROCKS!! I have found everything I have needed to know right here! [​IMG]

6. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Backyard Poultry is a great read, I've got all of them and look back through them occasionally for ideas.

7. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    We subscribe to Backyard Poultry and look forward to every issue. Look them up on line and see for yourself. www.backyardpoultrymag.com

8. nochickensyet

nochickensyet Out Of The Brooder

Dec 13, 2008
    Bonneau, South Carolina
    Yes...this site is GREAT for everythin chicken!!! But I love to look at books and magazines. Plus some reason I love to get subscriptions of magazines..isn't that crazy??!!
    Beakkeeper, I am still doin a lot of research on what chicks I'm gonna order. I do like the looks of
    Silkies,
    Sultans,
    Silver Laced Wyandottes,
    Barred Plymouth Rocks,
    Birchen Cochin,
    White D'Uccles,
    and Cuckoo Marans
    I really have no idea if ya can put all these together and if I did of course....I would not let them breed but..only to their own
    But, I just LOVE all these breeds...they are all so CUTE!!

9. Catfishingpokey

Catfishingpokey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Albany, Tx
    i like backyard poultry and subscribe to it.but i have been buying one at tractor supply called practical poultry and i like it as well.it is published in great britton and cost about 8 dollars an issue.

10. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    I love backyard poultry! I subscribe to it and and it's great! I pay $21.00 per year for 6 issues (1 every 2 months). Go to www.backyardpoultrymag.com to request a free sample issue!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by