1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Good Day In The Sun

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by artmamasays, Mar 13, 2012.

1. artmamasays

artmamasays Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
    My daughter will be 2 this month. She treats our chickens much like she treats our cat - she scoops them up, she pets them, she plays with them, she feeds them, she puts them to bed... Today she took it a step further and decided she wanted to be one of them. I caught her with the cell phone camera and posted them on my blog. It was a good day in the sun!
    http://artmamasays.blogspot.com/2012/03/good-day-in-sun.html

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

So cute! She reminds me of my older daughter, when she was that age. She's 21, now!

3. artmamasays

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks! She is my youngest - I have a daughter that is 10 (but would prefer I say 11 because you know it is ALMOST May) and a son that is 18.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is just precious!!!! Kids are so special.

5. DCasper

DCasper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Benton, KY
    I am so glad you were able to capture a memory like that. I am also glad you shared it with us...

[​IMG]

6. artmamasays

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
    Thank you! Today she took Bella the black hen for a ride on her bike (no pedal scoot along type) and down the slide and then tried to put her in the baby doll stroller. Some days I am amazed that I get any eggs at all!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Oh, to be that flexible again! Has she started to crow yet?

8. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    So sweet! Reminds me of pretending to be a butterfly (as a child, of course). [​IMG]

9. artmamasays

Mar 5, 2012
    NYC
    If butterfly play is just for kids, then be a moth - they fly around after dark when no-one is looking. As for crowing - oh yeah! She can crow all right!She'll be 2 next week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by