1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A good egg day

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by AK_Button_Mama, Jan 19, 2009.

1. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    [​IMG]

Here is what I have collected today so far... the buttons usually give me a bunch more at night.12/16 total usually. but the chickies did good today!

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    OMGosh isn't that picture cute!! [​IMG]

3. jhmoore

jhmoore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    What a pretty assortment of eggs! What do you do with your little quail eggs? Just curious.

I am waiting anxiously for my first egg. All my pullets turned 20 weeks today. But, with the weather in Michigan being what it is, I don't know when they'll ever start laying.

4. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Quote:Well right now I have been selling them to recover a little bit of feed money. I also have a swap in the works with some one. I am giving then the button eggs and I am getting coturnix eggs from them in return...

Why do you want some eggs? I have a TON!!!! right now I have 45 and am expecting more today. I would concider swapping if you have something good.... like welsummer eggs (I only want 6-12 of those BTW) or OEGB or something that will be really purdy!!!! no ducks tho to noisy!!!

5. AK_Button_Mama

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Quote:I didnt realize that chucks towel (blue towel the eggs are sitting on) had bleach stains on it. I got those chucks towels from my BIL he is a surgical tech at a big hospital and those towels are what they soak blood up with during surguries the thro away what ever doesnt get used for a case well rather that toss them out he brings them home. they make the BEST kitchen towels... soak up everything. and dont worry those are fresh towels never used on anything.

6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Awww! [​IMG]

7. MrsShag

MrsShag Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2009
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    cool picture. Pretty eggs! I can't wait until I get to collect eggs.

8. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Very pretty. I have egg envy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by