A Good Old Fashion Rain Coat (Found One!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Anyone know where I can get one? All the stores and sites I'm checking are selling these dressy, lightweight, stylish jackets. But what I want is a good, durable, old fashioned ugly rain coat. You know, yellow, big hood, heavy duty, etc? After a while I stopped looking in the women's sections altogether and started checking the men's departments, but the only thing I can find remotely close is on LL Bean for AT LEAST $100.00 and up to $200.00. No way am I paying that much for a lightweight fashionable thing that I will RUIN out tending to animals. Any ideas? Preferably a website, I really prefer to shop from home.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Try a fishing suppliy site? The only time I can think of seeing one is on those fishing shows on discovery channel.

3. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Still need advice on where to find a raincoat, but a side note: While looking in the men's section on Eddie Bauer, I did happen to run across my future husband... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, back to raincoats, back to raincoats.... [​IMG]

4. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Good idea; I'll try searching that way....

5. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    yeah... did i mention I just dropped $800 on a custom coture coat?... and i live in the desert? [​IMG] I have practical advice, what I lack is the ability to follow it. [​IMG]

6. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] Even back in my 20's when I made tons of money and lived in NYC I didn't spend that on a coat. Holy crap.

7. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    [​IMG]

It's being altered to fit in/around my wheelchair. basically, there's a pocket in the back of the skirt (it's a foot longer in back, to my SITTING measurements). So i can stop keep it out of the wheels. Eliminates the need for a second blanket.

8. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Thats a coat!?!?

9. Laurajean

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Still looking. I can find some that LOOK like the old yellow kind, but upon closer inspection it's a really thin material, and reading reviews people complain that they rip easily. I am still trying to find a halfway decent one. Any other ideas? What about other things to search for? Sometimes you just need the right search terms... I'm searching "fisherman raincoat".... "heavy duty raincoat"...... what else? Or if anyone knows any sites that sell general farm/home/camping gear let me know and I can check. Never expected to have such a hard time finding this!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by