A good scale

pattyfan

Chirping
Jan 3, 2020
Hi everyone. I posted a couple of weeks ago about a sick hen. Well, after some vet visits she's on the mend. I'm really happy. The vet said it would be a good idea to get a scale so I can weigh my live hens every month because weight loss is an easy way to see if a hen is getting sick before she might show signs. So I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good, cheap scale on Amazon. And moderators, I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm posting it here, but obviously feel free to move it if that's better. Thanks everyone.

Any digital kitchen scale will work well. I got mine at Walmart for less than $20. I just put a light plastic plate on top, zero the scale, and put the bird on the tray. Mine does pounds/ounces or Kg/grams, so it's good for weighing little ones also.

I have something very similar. I use it to weigh my girls' eggs and baking ingredients. I got it at my local grocery/big box store for about $20.

That's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that? I already have a kitchen scale. You saved me some money. Thanks sooooo much. :)

Back
Top Bottom