a GOOD tick repelant?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ducklove334, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    dos anyone know of a GOOD tick repelant, that WORKS??

this time a year I am a MAGNET to ticks, because of how much time I spend outside.

I remember last year when I was helping with some construction work for my wifes grandfather. I came home in the evenings and pulled 20+ of the things off of me EVERY day!. [​IMG]

ANYHOW,

I went outside this morning, as usual to feed, then got ready for work,
    my leg is hurting me today *kicks bad arthritus [​IMG]*, so I didn't walk down to the little creek i like to stare at [​IMG]

by the time i got ready to go back to work, i found i tick on my neck,

then when i got home i found one on my leg, another on my chest, happily pierced into my nipple! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]......[​IMG]

so i took a shower to find TWO literally fighting over an already open scab [​IMG]

total i found 12 over...various areas of my body..[​IMG].

ticks are the one insect thingy i spazz over lol.

what can i put on me that WORKS to keep the ticks off,and that doesn't stink to high heavens, like off does?

2. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Songster

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    you can try skin so soft from Avon! I put it on my dogs and then watch the fleas and ticks literally run for the hills! There is something about skin so soft that they hate!

3. CoonX

CoonX Chirping

Sep 3, 2008
    Kingston, OK
    What sounds better, smelly like Off for awhile or pulling ticks off and chance of Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

As for the Skin So Soft by Avon, the bugs around here still haven't got the memo saying to say away from it. [​IMG]

4. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:UUUUUUHHHHHMMMMM, chance of Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever!...even though i'VE never heard of the second one LOL

where can I get this avon stuff?, and will it effect my manly manlyness by making me smell like a girl? LMAO

5. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    lol ask any women you know, who sells avon in your area, you buy it direct from an avon representative.

6. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    and it doesn't smell girly and it does work to a point

7. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Songster

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Lol, no it doesn't have a feminine scent, so your manliness should stay intact [​IMG] . It is really inexpensive compared to OFF. I love it an use it all the time, this time of year, because I too have tick problems around my parts. Anyway I am sure it will help you out, based on my personal experiences, Lol unless you like your new nipple ring [​IMG] j/k

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: