A great gift

Discussion in 'Quail' started by mochicken, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I got a nice gift from my uncle tonight, he gave a an 9 foot row of cages with 6 separate "breeder" pens that he built [​IMG]

I have 11 Coturnix Quail, was 12 till a hen killed herself tonight [​IMG] ........................ anyway lol, I plan to pen them up in there and have a couple extras for later use. He also gave me two egg turners, 6 more pigeons ( he already gave me 6 lol ) and a 24x24x10 cage. I am so thankful to have a great uncle that will help me get my "bird farm" started lol

2. littleluciex

littleluciex Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Wauchula
    How did if chicken kill itself contacts on all your new stuff

3. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    That's great! Your uncle is very generous and kind [​IMG] .

4. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    the quail got spooked by my four year old and jumped up hitting the top of the cage and broke its neck

5. littleluciex

littleluciex Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Wauchula
    Quote:Wow thats sad, Im sorry to hear about that, this is why I tell my 15 year old to stop driving her 4 wheeler close to the coop. Silly teens!! But when she was younger she threw a water balloon and accidently hit the chicken and did the same thing. They really are fragile creatures.

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    You can cover the cages a bit until the birds get used to it. Sorry to hear about one loss. But what an awesome uncle!!

7. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Great gift and great uncle! [​IMG]

8. mz.candiz

mz.candiz Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2011
    Edmonton
    Man I wish I had an awesome uncle that lived close enough to me to get a set-up like that! It's sad about your quail passing, I thankfully havent experienced anything like that with my quails. I have with my fish though, bought a $100 Spotted Gar to have it spook and smash into the side of the aquarium and die. It was horribly depressing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by