A Green Egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Farmer Kitty, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I thought both EE's that had been given to me earlier this summer were laying-brown eggs. Yesterday, Kute Kitten went to do chicken chores and found a green egg! I found another one today. [​IMG]

I do have other pullets I'm waiting on to lay but, they are out of my Black and Brown sex links with a Black sex link roo so it can't be from them.

She was born Mid May.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  2. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Congrats! We just got our first blue egg the other day. Isn't it exciting! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's wonderful, Kitty! I'm waiting on my two Ameraucanas and one Easter Egger to lay. Snow and Nora are 25 weeks old and June is almost 31. Bad June.

4. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote:Our Ameraucanas are 23 weeks old and one of them laid her first egg on Saturday. But I cheated too and bought 2 more who were already laying. I almost cried I was so excited to find Clem's first egg! It's like Christmas everytime we check the nesting box [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

My Ameraucanas have laid at about 22 or 23 weeks, but not this batch, LOL.

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That is so exciting... I think maybe even more exciting getting a green or blue egg than a brown or white one.

I'm also waiting for my two EE's to start laying and really, really, really hoping for green eggs.

7. speckledhen

I have no idea what color my EE will lay, though she came from a blue egg, but the two Ameraucanas come from lines known for their blue eggs, so that's what I'm expecting.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  8. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first green egg [​IMG]

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulations!

Both of my EEs are laying brown eggs... my kids were very disappointed.

I'm hoping that sometime in the future I can get a couple of hens that lay some very BLUE eggs. Don't know how I'll do it, but I can hope can't I?

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    My EE lays a cream colored egg. Congrats on your green layer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by