A guy comes over yesterday...

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by miss_thenorth, Jul 26, 2008.

1. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Not a freind by any means, but more of an acquaintanceof my husbands. he's really interested in the meat birds, and I told him they were going to the processors on Wednesday.

He says, I sure wouldn't mind trying one of them to see if I can taste the difference.

I say, "Well, it ain't gonna be cheap like the chicken you buy at the store".

He looked at me like What? You're gonna charge me for it????

Some people!!!!!

2. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    Girly that was a golden opportunity--you have to tell him to come by when you make chicken and then you'll have a new customer...not exactly free--but then you were eating anyway...[​IMG]

3. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I don't want to be a dealer though.... I only grow for personal use!!!!!!!

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

We have a lot of those bold as brass people where I live also. Had a fellow drive up on my lawn last year, hop out of his car, and practically yell, "Just wanted you to know I'm going to come over and get some apples in a couple of days!" I got "the look" :| on my face and said, "Well, thanks for letting us know you are going to trespass and steal. Now, where do you live? So my teenager can borrow your car for his trip to the beach?" He kind of stopped in his tracks and then told me the old man that used to live here always let me get apples!

Again, the look.... :| and a sweetly phrased, "Well, he died many years ago and I pay rent here. We are selling the apples to defray the cost of rent. Would like to buy some apples?"

I would have given him all the apples he wanted if he hadn't parked his car, and his brass balls, on my lawn and barked in my face! Whenever people offer to pay for the apples, I give them some. When they demand them, I say they are for sale. This often weeds out the sincere, not-going to-use-you, people. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by