A Happy Ending

TiaView

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2010
Salem
For everyone but the fox.

Came home today and realized that I was gone longer than I expected to be. I never put our young turkey and her adopted kids (6 guinea keets) away before I left. When I finally got home I saw that Star (the turkey) and Co. were nowhere to be seen. After looking around for about an hour and finding feathers that looked like Stars', I gave up and retreated to the house feeling pretty upset with myself. About 20 minutes later, I heard the familiar whistle of Star and whatever weird noises those keets make...she was walking out of the nearby woods with keets in tow...and a little BLRW Roo that thinks he's hers, too.
hmm.png

I guess the feathers I found were from the neighbor's chicken because all of my guys were counted and present. So...I locked everyone up and called the neighbor just to let him know that there were feathers on my property that looked like they might belong to one of his chickens. He said he'd been losing a few a week, but thinks he'd solved the problem. In fact, shot it on the way out of his barn (hen in mouth). Bad timing for the fox. Great timing for my neighbor.

It sure is great to hear them when you think you might not ever hear them again. We had our Roo and one henny return after flying the coop in the middle of the night. We were afraid they were all done for and it was sure good to here that early morning crow. But then he spent about 15 minutes crying out for his other favorite white henny... she was a victim of the varmit that chased them from the coop. Thanks for sharing the happy ending!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom