1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Happy PaPa!!! *Updated*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ezbird, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    My Porcelain D'uccles finally hatched and boy are they so tiny and cute.

These were the first to come out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the rest came out.
    [​IMG]

I still have more to come out. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  2. HaileyandJoliesMom

HaileyandJoliesMom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    How sweet, I cant wait to get a bator and start hatching my own eggs. Keep us posted on the rest!!!

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Quote:That's how I feel [​IMG] Someday...........

Congratulations on your very cute little chickies and hope the rest come out looking and being healthy [​IMG]

4. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    I will let you know the progress of my hatch later on the day.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I can't look at pics like these. I've got 16 birds outside, half of which are laying, and I haven't a rooster to fertilize them yet... Dang the luck!

Congrats on the hatch! I love babies...

6. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Ok. I'm up to 8 chicks now, but 2 eggs didn't make it. The 2 eggs had a beck sticking out of it and no movement so I took it out of the bator. I did break open there eggs to make sure. And yep there dead, bummer. Weird those 2 were the first to pip. I have a few more to come. [​IMG]

7. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Are these the eggs you got from Melanie? Congrats!! Love those d'uccles!

Paula

8. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Hi Hippichick, It's from Melinda. And here are the results, 8 healthy chicks,
    7 formed dead chicks, 2 clear eggs. The 7 formed dead chick was my fault, I opened the bator to helps some chicks out of there eggs. And the temperature and humidity started to fluctuate, sooo. I did notice some improvements I can make to my bator. So if I hatch again, I won't have those problems again.

Here's the pic of my 8 babies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  9. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Hippichick, Did you hatch here eggs too? And how many made it?

I have to say Melinda's eggs were really good besides the 2 unfertile and well packaged, she sent 17 eggs. If Melinda visits here I want to thank you for the eggs.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  10. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    You did way better than I did. She sent me 28 total because my last hatch didn't do so well. And out of the 28, only 3 hatched. I don't know what went wrong with my hatch. I opened several of the eggs that didn't hatch, and the chicks were fully formed. I had candled at 18 days, and they were looking great. I had maybe 2 or 3 clear eggs out of the 28, so her eggs are fertile. And the packaging was good. It's got to be something I did. Anyway, congrats on the hatch. Happy for you![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by