A hen or Roo??? PLEASE help

sunshinedaisy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
We are new to chickens so need some help here.. A friend of mine gave of us some of her to get started, she thought she had given us 7hens and 1 roo... so one of the ones we all thought was a hen has been very noisey and chasing and pecking all the others in the run including the rooster (he runs scared from her) so im wondering is this bird a hen or a roo??? i have found this bird going in and out sitting on the nest but nothing yet?so is this just part of figuring out the pecking order or a roo.. I think its a fairly young bird also? not even sure of the breed
96376_dscf7696.jpg

96376_dscf7697.jpg

96376_dscf7707.jpg

96376_dscf7685.jpg

Quote:
and you can tell this by????? the color of her comb.... then the name fits her. B*tchin betty (BB)..lol mouthy as all get out..

I say its a hen too. Her tail is not curled up and long like a rooster. She is laying in a nesting box it looks like she is getting ready to lay an egg. They are loud before they lay. They call it the egg song on this site
smile.png
My chickens woke me up this morning singing the egg song. It doesnt seem like a song...just a lot of loud honking.

She is beautiful.

I vote hen, too. No fancy saddle feathers near the tail, and neck feathers are short. I have a lady that looks almost exactly like her, but the feathers around her neck are a more buff color. Really pretty!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom