A Hen passed away.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lfoose, Oct 29, 2007.

1. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    I am not sure if this is the proper location for this post but I wanted to share some disappointing news.

One of the rescues from Deb, whom we named Fluff aka Q-tip died over the weekend.

We were gone overnight Saturday and came home early Sunday morning and found her laying on the ground. There were no signs of illness or injury. In fact, the day before, she was fussing up a storm and eating as she normally was. Perhaps the stress from her young life killed her? All others look ok though.

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG] So sorry. [​IMG]

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I'm sorry.
    [​IMG]

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Sorry to hear of your loss. [​IMG]

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Oh no, I'm sorry. That poor bird probably died of a heart attact because everyone has been so nice to her lately with Deb giving her much needed help and then with you taking her in...... her poor little heart couldn't take all the kindness. I really am sorry.

6. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    Probably died of shock after finally getting "the good life"
    and not being used to that kind of treatment.

So sorry for you.

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Darn...I'm sorry for your loss...[​IMG]

8. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Sorry it happened. Karen

9. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Thank you.

I felt terrible about it all. She seemed to be the stongest, healthwise out of the four. But at least she had some comfortable times with Deb and I and I'd like to think that with Deb's care, she lived longer than had she have stayed with the evil chicken lady.

On a happier note, one of the other rescues, Red, found herself a worm and was chased around the yard by another rescue, Goofy. Quite funny. They reminded me of box turtles we used to have and how excited they would get over a worm!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by