1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A horrible day turned into a fabulous day!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Keltara, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    AWWW, Im glad she was ok, Congrats on your first egg [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Keltara

Quote:Thank you Kim. We are so happy. I can't believe how long we had to wait!! [​IMG] I'm happy at least one of them has rewarded our patients![​IMG]

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I just love your blog [​IMG] Your girls are so cute! So glad you finally got your first egg! I was hoarse from yelling my excitement the first time! My egg was much smaller though [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Mc'Donalds' first egg

[​IMG]

5. Keltara

Quote:Thank you Justine! Our egg seems to look big in the pictures, but it's really not all that large. It was good egg though. Nice and hard. We have not broken it open yet. Tara wants to eat it in the morning. It sure is exciting getting that first ever egg. What a wonderful day!!

6. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    Congratulations!!

I had almost the same experience last week when I couldnt find my sons' favorite girl, Bowling Ball, only she started squawking inside the coop within seconds of me starting my search. MY favorite girl, Salty, did it to me yesterday, too, LOL!

First eggs are SO exciting!!!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How exciting! Loved it!

8. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Hooray!! [​IMG]

The first egg is so exciting! Congratulations! [​IMG]

9. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    What a great day! [​IMG]

10. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Thank you Justine! Our egg seems to look big in the pictures, but it's really not all that large. It was good egg though. Nice and hard. We have not broken it open yet. Tara wants to eat it in the morning. It sure is exciting getting that first ever egg. What a wonderful day!!

Our first eggs were all hard too [​IMG] I was very worried they wouldn't be. I was surprised with how long it actually takes a chicken to lay one!

PS: I really like your nesting box set up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by