1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A horrible start to the day- my poor babies!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Barb Schuetz, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Barb Schuetz

Barb Schuetz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    I ordered 10 Embden goslings from Welp Hatchery that was shipped on the 13th and arrived today. Not a one of them made it![​IMG]

2. dixierose992

dixierose992 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2007
    Williamsburg, VA
    [​IMG] I am so sorry.

3. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Im so sorry. I know you get so excited--poor you and poor babies.

4. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    now i'm scared to death. My goslings were sent out on the 13th as well. I'm sorry about your babies!

5. Barb Schuetz

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    Chickenlover, I hope yours fair better than mine! I don't understand, when you know the weather is gonna be so hot, why don't you put a piece of watermelon or something in the box?!?!?

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Barb...I am so sorry...I just cant imagine opening a box...and finding that. poor poor babies. Will you be getting replacements?

7. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Aww Barb. Thats awful. I know how excited you were for their arrival. If you are up now, I'll give you a call. I'm having a bad day too. Maybe we can vent to each other! [​IMG]

8. Barb Schuetz

May 24, 2007
    Viroqua, WI
    Ok, I called the hatchery and they are sending replacements wed.

9. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Oh Barb So sorry to hear your news. Mine arrived safely thank heavens. They were shipped on the 13 as well But I ordered them from Cackle in MO. Hoope you have better luck with the next batch. Its geting so hot I hate the tought that these babies don't get any water for 2 days. Mine drank right away. Even the turkeys (they say you have to teach them ) They dove into the water. We live in Florida and its been in the 90"s here. Good luck Micki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by