A kind word or two for my fur kid---GOOD UPDATE!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by CoyoteMagic, Jan 22, 2010.

1. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

If ya'll can, send up a few words for my furry baby. I have to take her to the vet tomorrow. Spook has something growing (quickly) on the back of her neck and a smiliar bump developing on the bridge of her nose. I haven't taken her to the vet yet because I just don't have the money(Lurchie called and begged them to let me bring her tomorrow) I don't know what I will do if something happens to her. She is more than my dog. She is my constant companion. She keeps me safe. Makes me whole. She is part of who I am. I'm a better person since she came into my life. So if you could, life you voice to your god, say a little prayer for my baby girl.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Best wishes to you & Spook

Imp

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I hope all is well with your baby!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

REJOICING!!!!!

My baby is going to be just fine. It's NOT the Mass Cell sarcoma I feared it was.

It's a Staph infection that is blistering up and then busting open making the scaby mess that looked like Mass Cell. Dr. Suggs got her all cleaned up. She will be on antibiotics and an ointment for the next 10 days to clear it up.

THANK YOU MY LADY AND LORD!!! And thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers!

8. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Yay that is awesome! I swear there is alot of that going around!! My daughter had something similar (they thought it was MRSA) but it wasnt thankfully lol

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Wonderful news! [​IMG] I'm glad your baby Spook will be fine! [​IMG]

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    That sure is good to hear, for you and Spook! [​IMG] Careful with those infections, some can spread to other critters, including people.

I just got my buddy Bingo back from several days at the vet with a bowel obstruction. Looks like we have avoided surgery so far. STILL don't know what he ate! But not having him here for several days and nights was tough, even though my pal Tiger was at home. We don't have kids, so the dogs are like them for us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by