A Kitty Cat's STRICT! Exercise Program!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by JaciesCoop, Aug 31, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Our Norweigian Forest Cat has gotten a little overweight (16lbs) even though the breed usually has a rotund body with small head and feet.

Boots seems to have taken to the new diet and exercise program with GREAT! enthusiasm!
    My hubby yelled this morning "Get the camera! She's moving!!!"

They go in the fenced yard for 1 hour each morning and Boots started right away on her program!!
    Please note the discipline in holding the same posture in each exercise!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now to the scratching post isorobics What discipline!!!
    [​IMG]

Then of course we must not forget the "chair arobics!!"

[​IMG]

WHAT A CAT!!!

And before anyone thinks this baby is picked on, believe me she is well loved and is on a diet although the vet keeps telling me this is not out of the ordinary for her breed.
    Jacie

2. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Hey, that looks like the same fitness program my DH is using! Let me know how that works out for her!

[​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Awwwwwwww............she is so beautiful!!! And those pics are wonderful!!!! I had an elderly, overweight, rag-doll who jumped into his exercise routine with as much enthusiasm as your little darling so I understand. [​IMG]

4. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG] I forgot to mention, I'm on the same program! [​IMG]

5. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    My two 5 year old maine coon cats use that same program! However they do not go outside, they use the middle of the living room carpet and the back of any chair that is wide enough to do their daily fitness program! Thanks for sharing with pics!

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    What a beautiful cat.

7. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:My cats (I have a slim siamese also) do not go out except for the supervised outing in the fenced yard each morning. Only bad things happen to cats outside. (JMO) and most of mine live to be in their 20's. Not that we don't have ferals outside.
    Jacie

8. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:Thank you Luna. She is a beautiful girl but very one person. She is totally my cat and just tolerates hubby. She is always with me. Usually in my lap until my legs go numb!! LOL!

9. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Looks like Yoga to me! Holding those positions is harder than it looks....my cat has to nap for hours after a workout like that. He also works in a few laps around the yard with his trainer, Rooster Sue, followed by a healthy, high-protein meal of fresh, young rabbit. I'm telling you, we could all benefit from their strict exercise routine! [​IMG]

10. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by