A Late Intro from Oregon's Willamette Valley

whillo

Songster
11 Years
Mar 6, 2009
Willamette Valley
Whoops, I've been reading on here for over a year getting ready for my girls and never stumbled on this thread? (I go straight for the coops and baby chick threads I think.)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

My girls are being shipped in THREE days. I'm nervous and excited!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I WILL have nine, or at least that's what I paid for!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Four standards...Buff Orpington, Silver Wyandotte, White Cochin and an Easter Egger
Five Bantams.....Buff Brahma, Easter Egger, Barred Rock and two Silkies.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Searching...always searching. In all my years, I had never even touched a chicken until we moved here from Tahoe
2 years ago. Decided to put a Lavender Labyrinth on the vineyard and there were chickens running all over the nursery. I was
captivated. I figured we'd be out on the property within the year so I started researching and reading. That's when I got LUCKY and stumbled in here. Best thing I ever did!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Well, I just became a Grandma for the first time, Cedar Weston. He's 3 weeks old and much too far away (Tahoe).
I have 3 gorgeous "kids" 33, 27 and 20 who I love with all my heart. We bought a vineyard in Monroe a couple years
ago and thought we would be living out there by now, but alas, the economy kicked us in the behind and we are now
"working on it". Ordered my girls thinking we would have a place there now, so am getting anxious. We live ACROSS
THE STREET from the County Line. I'm on the 2-chicken per household side. Yikes! Have to get a move on.

Besides that, we have an old Golden girl and a young Blue Heeler that's full of love and energy. Add a snooty little
pint-sized kitty that thinks she's a lion to the mix and that's the family!

Thank you to all the posters that have helped me immensely so far. You guys are all pretty awesome to take the time to share your knowledge on a regular basis like this! The closer I get to Chick Day, the more I read read read.

Last edited:
Welcome- from Eastern Washington. Congratulations on the new grandbaby and the baby chicks coming. We are fairly new to chickens ourselves and have found this forum much better then the book we bought. Nothing like real experience and helpful members.
smile.png

Thanks Dewey!

Chicks are in the air. I'm a wreck. So worried! I swear, I haven't been this nervous since waiting for the phone call telling me that my Grandson had arrived.

welcome-byc.gif
from south of you. Wow, changes in your life but that is what it is about, right? The chickens are worth the effort. We enjoy our hens so much. They have enriched our lives. Sounds corny! Best of luck to your new endeavors.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom