A little Brinsea info......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by juliemom25, Jan 12, 2011.

1. juliemom25

juliemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    I was really wanting to get a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco, but I wasn't seeing any great deals. The site said out of stock so I assumed I couldnt order it from there. Well I called Brinsea today and they are getting tons of Octagon 20 Eco next Tuesday (she said like hundreds). They were super nice and she said I could go ahead an place the order online and it would ship when it came in stock. So I did get the sale price for both the unit and the turner, plus Facebook has a 10% off code. I paid a total of $171 and that included $30 plus in shipping. I was happy with that.

Just FYI.......

Julie

2. CDennis

CDennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Idaho
    GREAT DEAL and thanks for the information!

3. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats~~~~

You will be getting one of THESE!... Just to help you with your hatchaholic duties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Liamm_1

Liamm_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

how many eggs does it hold? Does it have auto turners? what else can you tell me about it? I'm currently in the market for my 1st incubator, and know almost nothing about them...

5. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    On the ECO model the turner is sold seperately. I bought it as I work full time and would not be able to turn by hand. Plus it is nice to have the turner do that for you.
    According to the specs you can put up to 24 chicken eggs in it. The hatchaholics on the BYC put in more than that. Becareful, hatchaholics are notorious enablers. They love sharing hatchitis.

6. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    I've got 2 of em, and LOVE em! Only got the turner with one of em, so the other I just tilt the bator about every 6 hours except overnight. One of em has 24 eggs in it, and I could easily fit more in there if I had em!

7. Long Last Farm

Long Last Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Southern Tier, NY
    How do I access the facebook code for 10% off? Thanks! Pat

8. juliemom25

juliemom25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    This is my first incubator. I did get the autoturner and I think the only thing I still need is a hygrometer.

I got the facebook code from another BYC member, but I wouldn't feel comfortable passing it along without her permission. I think though you can search Brinsea on Facebook and find it easily.

Julie

9. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    The only coupon I found expired in 2009.

10. Long Last Farm

Long Last Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Southern Tier, NY
    That's ok, Julie--I did go on facebook and found the 10% off code on Brinsea's page. I just ordered and got the same great deal you got! [​IMG] This will be my first incubator, so I am really excited!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by