A little confused. Sand Hill Preservation Center

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by L&Schickens, Nov 17, 2008.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I am keeping my eyes open for some Jaerhon chicks from these people.
    They have two ways NOT to order, I guess.

We do not accept orders by email.
    We do not accept telephone orders

http://www.sandhillpreservation.com/pages/contact.html

Anyone ever figure out how to order from these people? [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Mail a check - the old fashioned way!

3. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    They are also VERY UN-available for talking to by e-mail or by phone. I see no order forms either on the site. AND if I did mail them a check without talking to them first, I have no idea what they are charging for shipping.

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Most of it is on the website, Click on the order page or something, I ordered from them last year - not chickens - seeds, and the shipping was included in the price.

You can call and leave them a message I think

These folks work regular jobs as well as run the farm, and they like to do it the old way, no credit cards etc.... can't blame em.

They were really good to me, lots of free seeds and even a personal little note when my order arrived.

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Pehaps they are delaying orders and working out the problems they have this year?

I know sevral people who got deformed chicks and other problems. As well as they sold out of nearly everything popular before chick season barely got started.

6. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    Quote:That is good to know. I was going to order more from Ideal, but thought I would find someone else to mix up the blood line. Maybe I will stick with Ideal any way. At least I know I can get ahold of them and place my order how I want. [​IMG]

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Last I looked you could download an order form from their site. I know you can request a catalog from the website & it will include an order form & shipping info.
    They sell out of many breeds early every year-they don't hatch in large numbers. As they make a point of stating they're a Preservation Center not a commercial hatchery.
    Personally, I find them to be gracious people to deal with unless you come on like a demanding customer-then not so much.
    As someone else pointed out-they work "real jobs" all day then do the Preservation Center. It's more a labor of love than a business. I have no idea how they do what they do!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  8. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I ordered from their catalog in January We got the chicks in April They were alittle on the small size and several didn't make it. When I contacted them, they replaced the entire order. Although it was spring here they had a late winter and a vry bad hatching early on. I found them to be very nice. They do sell out early so if you want them order early and get a later shipment. I ordered their standard cochins and I am very pleased. They are very large compared to some I have seen from hatcheries. It takes time to get their stock but I feel it was worth it. I wish they had dark Brahmas thats what I want now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by