A little confused

TabbiDawn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 6, 2011
I got a goat today from kinda a rescue situation. Someone a friend knew got this little guy to "mow their lawn" and had him for about a week before relizing that he would rather eat her flowers than her grass. So they decided they didn't want him anymore and just wanted to give him up. Wellll...... the friend brought him to me telling me he was six months old. I own a eight month old female Dwarf goat who is smaller (not much) than average, so I thought I knew what to expect, him being the same breed. Turns out I was wrong. This little dude is TINY!!! I mean, I can easily hold him (kicking) in one arm. can't be more than 15 lbs.... he isn't skinny, just itty bitty. He seems healthy, a little scared, but he warmed up to my Lilly right away. Anyways, Lilly is about 40 lbs, and I can't believe he is two months younger and half her size. He is eating hay, so I guess he hasn't been on a bottle, But if he is MUCH YOUNGER than they said I want him to get the nutrition he needs. Someone please help me. Is he a runt that never caught up or is he a baby that needs a bottle?????? (By the way, I have never bred my goats in the past so I don't have much experience with babies, especially guessing the age, I know how to bottle feed and all that but my goats were all weaned..besides Lilly, when I got them, and quite a bit bigger than this little guy, Although younger than he "is")

Honestly, he could just be a runt. Did they tell you the age?? And who in their right mind expects a goat to eat grass and nothing else?
roll.png
At the least, those people were uninformed. Goats eat EVERYTHING.

lol, I agree. Completely ignorant to the ways of goats !
roll.png
They said he was six months old....I don't know, standing next to my eight month old he looks like he could be her kid!! He is much smaller than I believe a six month old should be.
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom