A little excitement occurred last night :)

Sfraker

Songster
5 Years
Feb 17, 2014
Western NC
Soo.... my parents are visiting for 2 weeks. Last night my dad came out to help me tuck the ducks in for the night. Generally we open up the duck pen, the ducks run out to graze and the guinea run in to clean up any feed the ducks missed. My dad's job was to keep the ducks from going too far into the woods while I got fresh water and feed.

Well, it didn't go quite that easily. One guinea decided to attack the ducks rather than going into the pen. As the ducks ran for their lives my father who is in his early 70's and I went running to save the duck. We ended up with the duck running laps around my dad's van, with the guinea chasing the duck and my father and I chasing the guinea! We just needed some Benny Hill music to top off the ridiculousness that was occurring! After two laps the guinea ran for the pen and we got it back with it's flock.

I was impressed with how fast my dad could run around the van! I've always joked that him and my mom are in better shape than me. I think he just proved it. We had a great laugh about it. My mom, husband and daughter were sad they missed it.

Lol, that IS pretty comical sounding. Isn't it amazing out of these animals can make us look so silly?

Back
Top Bottom