A little OCD

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Momto3, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Momto3

Momto3 Chirping

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    I seriously cant stop watching the chicks, they are so cute. [​IMG] But now I am over analyzing their poop, if they are eating or drinking enough, if they seem sleepy to much. [​IMG][​IMG] Seriously!!! I need to try to let go and just enjoy them, but I am scared I am going to lose them. Maybe it is because I am more attached to them then I would like to admit. [​IMG] I almost took a video of them to post for you all to see, to see if you see anything wrong with them. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

"If it poops, it will grow"

and they are BABIES, they sleep a LOT especially the first 2 weeks.
    Just relax [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

First chicks, huh? [​IMG]

You are just like every one of us our first time with chicks. Trust me.

That said, any pictures or videos you post will be eagerly viewed by tons of folks, even if they don't post a reply.

I just spent about 45 minutes in the bathroom .... errr... nursery..... with my two sets of chicks about 3 weeks difference in age, in different brooders. I just turned the "sun" off so they would go to sleep. They have supplemental heat, they just don't need white light at night.

I, too, still check chick poop to make sure all are doing well. It's one of the first, early signs of anything going wrong.

You're a good mommy to your chicks. [​IMG]

4. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Quote:[​IMG]

That is the truth. Enjoy em while there young! They grow very fast!!!

Nate

5. Momto3

Momto3 Chirping

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Quote:Yep I am a fist time chick mommie. I went into this thinking "oh they are just chickens, gonna raise them up to produce eggs, no biggy, I wont get attached'. Ummm WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart was in my throat when my girls said "mom mocha is just laying there while everyone else is up and eating". She is the one that has seemed extra sleepy to me. So I walked over an watched her for a lil bit. There are 2 that have odd poop. 1 is foamy & 1 is a round blob. So I think that is why I am extra OCD right now. [​IMG]

6. Momto3

Momto3 Chirping

Mar 1, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Quote:[​IMG]

That is the truth. Enjoy em while there young! They grow very fast!!!

Nate

Trust me, I am fully enjoying them. Just from seeing everyones pictures lately I see how fast they grow. The poor things get a fright when I take a picture and use the flash. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: